Residential Electrical Contractors

The safety of your home is one of the most important things in your life, and it’s hard to imagine anything more terrifying than waking up one morning and discovering that your house has been destroyed by a fire. But electrical fires are a very real threat to homes across the country.

The National Fire Protection Association reports that over 50% of home fires are caused by electrical hazards. When searching for the causes of electrical fires in homes, there are several common causes that emerge.

Faulty wiring or electrical equipment: Wiring that is not installed correctly can cause overheating and eventually lead to fire. In addition, faulty wiring can create a situation where electricity flows through faulty components without being properly insulated or grounded, which leads directly to arcing or sparking between wires and components. This spark can cause fires if they come into contact with flammable materials like gas or oil.

Overloaded extension cords: Extension cords should only be used as temporary solutions for power needs when no other options exist (i.e., an extension cord should never be used as a permanent replacement for an outlet). However, many people use extension cords for much longer than necessary and overload them with too many appliances at once, which can lead to electrical fire.

Overloaded circuits: If you overload a circuit by plugging too many appliances into it, the circuit breaker will trip and shut off power to the outlet. This can cause an electrical fire. Anytime you have more than one appliance plugged into an outlet, be sure to add up the wattage of those appliances to make sure it doesn’t exceed the capacity of the outlet.

Open wiring or loose connections: Loose connections can lead to overheating and fires because they allow electricity to leak out of the wire. Faulty wiring can also cause overheating and fires if it’s not properly insulated.

Older appliances: Old appliances like your stove or dryer may not have been built with safety features that keep them from overheating or catching on fire.

Faulty switches and plugs: Broken switches and plugs can cause fires because they’re not working properly. A faulty plug might allow electricity to pass through the wrong way and cause a fire.

Contact a Residential Electrical Contractor for an electrical safety inspection: If you suspect that there might be something wrong with the electrical systems in your house, then feel free to contact the residential electrical contractors of American Lighting & Electrical Services. An inspection is the only way to know if all of your wires are up to code, and whether they’re properly grounded. It’s also the best way to ensure that your electrical system is safe from fire hazards. Call us at 561-689-4854!

Counties & Cities we service

  • Miami-Dade County
  • Miami Beach
  • Homestead
  • Coral Springs
  • Sunrise
  • Pompano Beach
  • Broward County
  • Palm Beach County
  • Town of South Palm Beach
  • Martin County
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Town of Jupiter
  • West Palm Beach
  • Riviera Beach
  • St Lucie County
  • Lake Park
  • North Palm Beach
  • Palm Beach Gardens
  • Royal Palm Beach
  • Lake Worth
  • Deerfield beach
  • ¬†Manalapan
  • Wellington
  • Boca Raton
  • Delray Beach
  • Cape Coral
  • Kissimmee
  • Belle Glade
  • Clewiston
  • Highland Counties
  • Boynton Beach
Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top